Curriculum – Education– Training of Consultant ENT Surgeon Petros V. Vlastarakos in Agios Dimitrios Athens
a) General Information
- I am a Consultant ENT/Head & Neck Surgeon at MITERA Infirmary in Athens Greece, since July 2012.
- I worked as a Specialist ENT/Head & Neck Surgeon for 4 years at the Lister – Queen Elizabeth II – Hartford County Hospitals of the East & North Hertfordshire NHS Trust in the UK.
- I hold a PhD in ENT/Audiology (Cum Honore) from the University of Athens (28/04/09).
- I hold the Intercollegiate Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of England (20/10/10).
- I hold an MSc in Healthcare Administration (Cum Honore) from the University of Athens (20/12/05).
- I graduated from the Medical School of the University of Athens (Cum Laude – 23/07/1999).
- I served in the Greek Airforce as a Sergeant of the Medical Branch from January 2002 until May 2003.
- I speak English and German fluently.
- I am married with 2 children.
b) Scientific activity
- 65 publications in peer – reviewed journals
- 16 publications in journal supplements as cited abstracts
- 14 publications in Greek scientific journals
- 4 chapters in international books
- 520 international citations
- 1 publication in scientific websites
- Tutor in 11 instructional courses, chairman in 4 round tables, member of the organizing committee in 1 international and 2 Greek conferences.
- 31 conference presentations
- Participated in 65 ENT conferences/courses
- Editorial Board member in 5 peer – reviewed journals
- Reviewer in 42 peer – reviewed journals
c) Prizes – distinctions
- My biography is included in Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare Catalogue for outstanding achievements (2010), Marquis Who’s Who in the World Catalogue for outstanding achievements (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21st Century (2009).
- I received Scholarships of Excellence in Healthcare Administration, from the Greek State Scholarship’s Foundation (2005, 2006).
- I received a Scholarship in Healthcare Administration, from the “Alexandros S. Onassis” Foundation (2004 – 2005).
- I received a letter of recognition for excellent services, during my service in the Greek Air Force (2003).
- I received 12 awards by The Minister of Education for outstanding High School and Lyceum Performance (1987 – 1992).
d) Scientific Societies
- Board Member of the Greek ENT – Head & Neck Society of Athens
- Member of the Panhellenic ENT – Head & Neck Society
- Member of the Greek Otology-Neurotology Society
- Member of the Greek Society of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Member of the Athens Medical Association
- Member of the British Medical Council (GMC No.: 7025266)